High Risk Insurance for Careless Driving
From the moment we get our drivers licence, the ability to drive our own car makes getting where we want to go a whole lot easier. While many of us will go years with a squeaky-clean driving record, getting caught in a situation that suddenly changes that can happen in minutes.
It is absolutely possible to be free from high risk insurance for careless drivers. This will take time, but with the right plan you can regain your good driving record and reap the benefits of low insurance rates once again – and faster than you may think.
Know the Facts:
- If your insurance premiums have increased because you are assigned high risk insurance for careless drivers, do not be satisfied to let it ride it’s course. More can be done. Talk to one of our specialized agents about how to get back on the road to low insurance rates.
- Careless driving is considered a major ticket and can add 6 demerit points to your driving record.
- If you plead guilty to this offence or get convicted with no reduction, you will get a warning letter in the mail regarding your demerit points, and how this may effect your right to keep your drivers licence.
- Your insurance rates could increase by a minimum of 50% and you will be assigned the category of high risk insurance for careless drivers.
- The fines for the actual ticket can be $200 – $1000 with the prospect of a suspended licence or up to six months in jail for the worst case scenario.
The details of High Risk Insurance for careless drivers can sound very daunting, but do not get overwhelmed. It is best to get the facts and be informed. All of our agents at our Burlington office of Youngs Insurance, specialize in high risk insurance for careless drivers. You do have options for both fighting the ticket as well as getting the right insurance plan that will get you out of the category of high risk insurance for careless drivers faster.
- Always fight a ticket – talk to an Xpolice agent before paying your ticket – the outcome could prevent you from needing to pay high risk insurance for careless drivers
- Remember that demerit points do not effect your insurance – they effect your right to have a drivers licence.